2022 Nissan Altima Safety Ratings
The Nissan Altima has been a reliable crowd favorite in the Tallahassee area for a long time, and it’s easy to see why! This four-door midsize sedan starts at $24,900 MSRP and comes in five unique configurations, ideal for anything from the daily commute to a long-distance road trip. Under the hood, you’ll find a powerful 2.5L 4-cylinder engine with 188 horsepower and continuously variable transmission that makes for a smooth and agile ride.
If you’re interested in a 2022 Nissan Altima, you may be wondering, “Is the Nissan Altima safe?” The short answer is yes! The Nissan Altima enjoys top safety ratings from the two leading organizations– the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). The Altima comes with a full suite of safety and driver-assistance features to give you maximum peace of mind behind the wheel, and our team has outlined everything you need to know. Read on for an overview of the 2022 Nissan Altima safety features and ratings, then head to our inventory to start picking out your next ride!
2022 Nissan Altima IIHS Safety Ratings
The Nissan Altima has been awarded either the Top Safety Pick or Top Safety Pick+ award from the IIHS since the 2012 model, and the all-new 2022 Altima is no different! The Altima received top marks from the IIHS for its vehicle-to-vehicle front crash prevention, its LATCH ease of use, its roof strength, its head restraints, and much more. The IIHS tests vehicle crashworthiness by simulating collisions at 12, 25, and 37 miles an hour. The Nissan Altima passed its vehicle-to-vehicle collision test with the top “superior” rating, and passed the vehicle-to-pedestrian test with an “advanced” rating.
2022 Nissan Altima NHTSA Safety Ratings
The NHTSA hasn’t rated the latest 2022 Nissan Altima yet, but they gave a top five-star crash-test rating to the 2021 model. The NHTSA tests vehicles for crashworthiness in a frontal crash, a side crash, and a rollover crash, and the Nissan Altima passed all three with flying colors! The Altima’s overall frontal crash rating was four stars (with the driver-side safety earning five stars), its side crash rating was five stars, and its rollover rating was five stars. The NHTSA gave particular praise to the Altima’s Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Crash Imminent Braking, and Dynamic Brake Support–all of which come standard!
2022 Nissan Altima Safety Features
The answer to the question of “is the Nissan Altima safe” lies in its wide range of safety features! Like the other vehicles in the new Nissan lineup, the 2022 Nissan Altima comes with Safety Shield 360, a suite of six key driver assistance features designed to make every Tallahassee as smooth, safe, and comfortable as possible. And if you want even more, there are many additional features and amenities available! Here are all the details:
2022 Nissan Altima Standard Safety Features
- Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Braking: The Nissan Altima is always monitoring road conditions ahead of you, keeping track of your speed and the speed of the car in front of you. It’ll let you know if you’re getting too close, and will engage the emergency brakes if a forward collision is imminent.
- Rear Automatic Braking: Just as the Altima looks ahead of you on the road, it scans behind you when you’re in reverse. If it detects an object, person, or anything else behind your SUV, it will engage the brakes to avoid a rear collision.
- Blind Spot Warning: Keep an eye on your blind spot with this helpful feature, which sends out an alert when there’s something hiding in it.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: If you’re backing out of a parking spot or into the road, the Altima will monitor conditions and warn you if cars or pedestrians are passing by.
- Lane Departure Warning: If you’re unknowingly straying out of your lane on the road, the Altima will gently remind you with an alert or a buzz on the steering wheel to let you know.
- High Beam Assist: The Altima will automatically detect vehicles coming towards you in the other direction and deactivate the high beams, before reactivating them when the vehicle has passed.
2022 Nissan Altima Available Safety Features
- Intelligent Around View Mirror: The Intelligent Around View Monitor uses four camera views stitched together to give you a 360-degree view of conditions around your vehicle, so you can keep an eye on everything as you navigate into or out of a parking spot.
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning: This class-exclusive feature watches two car lengths ahead, alerting you with a warning when it detects deceleration in front of you.
- Traffic Sign Recognition: With Traffic Sign Recognition, you can enjoy peace of mind on the road as the Nissan Altima scans nearby road signs and informs you of speed limits, road closures, and more!
Discover the Nissan Altima at Kraft Nissan!
If you’re interested in testing out the 2022 Nissan Altima safety features for yourself, stop by our dealership to set up a test drive! We’ll take care of everything and get you out on the Tallahassee streets in no time. You can also contact our office with any questions, or learn more information about our lineup of Nissan vehicles online!
More from Kraft Nissan
If you’re in the market for a sophisticated and spacious SUV near Tallahassee, the 2024 Nissan Murano is an excellent choice. Known for its robust performance and advanced entertainment options, the new Murano boasts a luxurious interior. Join us at Kraft Nissan as we explore the details of the 2024 Nissan Murano interior, from its seating…
Subcompact SUVs are a familiar sight when driving around Tallahassee and Tallahassee. In fact one of the more common ones that has appeared in recent years has been the Nissan Kicks. As a result, we’ve been getting a lot more questions at Kraft Nissan about the 2023 Nissan Kicks fuel efficiency again and again. Nissan Research…
Tallahassee drivers searching for a capable and well-equipped new SUV for their Tallahassee adventures should look at the 2024 Nissan Pathfinder. Not only does it have a suite of remarkable features to keep you comfortable, but the Nissan Pathfinder towing capacity can easily handle your small boat or camper. Learn more about the new Nissan Pathfindertowing…